Corpora with student access
Here you will find corpora of written and spoken English from all around the world. The following list contains corpora you can access for free. Some might need a quick registration process, other than that, these are freely accessible for you projects or your curiosity.
- The Corpus of Contemporary American English (COCA)
- Michigan Corpus of Academic Spoken English (MICASE)
- Santa Barbara Corpus of Spoken American English
- Strathy Corpus of Canadian English
- The Open American National Corpus (ANC)
- Corpus of Global Web-Based English (GloWbE)
Here you will find useful databases around linguistics, either bibliographies or actually research, that all should be accessible from the university network.
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
- Linguistics Bibliography Online
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses A&I: Literature & Language
- Encyclopedia of Language & Linguistics
These corpora should also be freely accessible. They are from countries where English is learned either as an L2 or an FL.